Thursday, November 22, 2012

Meredith: Why I Love YA

Share the Love of YA

Let's face it. My friends and I - we're teenagers. Ninety percent of the population is pure idiocy to us. We see the world in cliques and drama, in hormones and food. Yes, definitely food.
 
So when you're in the group who is known for being nerdy and bookish (also known as us) you get a lot of condescending people thinking they're so much better than you. You get a lot of "Why do you read so much?" and "Don't you have a life?" You get weird looks and scoffing faces.
 
But we don't care. I love the world of literature so much... it's a dream. It's unlike anything you could possibly have known. It's falling into someone else's head. It's twists and turns and things that hurt and crash and burn. Strength, and love, and courage. And for that, I love it.
 
YA is such a perfect balance. The plot is thrilling, the romance is enticing, the action is enjoyable. The authors truly know how to relate it to teenagers; I call it magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment